Terms & Conditions
These Terms do indeed form a legally binding Agreement between you and the Charette. You agree to these terms when you use our services or even if you decide to simply browse through our website. So please read them carefully.
The terms “you,” “user” and “users” refers to all individuals and other persons who access or use our services, including, without limitation, any companies, organizations, or other legal entities that register accounts or otherwise access or use the services through their respective employees, agents or representatives.
You must agree to the complete terms and conditions, which means that only part agreement is not allowed and it will be considered the same as non-agreement.
You will be considered to have fully understood and accepted the terms and conditions if you check the box mentioning “I agree to the Terms and Conditions” before registration.
By using this website (and the associated websites) you agree to abide by the terms and conditions as specified, if you do not agree to these terms and conditions, do not use the site or register to any competition organised by the Charette.
the Charette reserves the right to change, transfer ownership, release, withdraw or disband this website at any time without warning or liability. It is your responsibility to regularly check, if any changes have been made to these terms and conditions.
You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Site, or any other systems or networks connected to the website. You may not attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Site.
You may not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Site or any network connected to the Site, nor shall breach the security or authentication measures on the website or you be liable for any loss incurred by the Charette.
By submitting your work to the Charette, including but not limited to for submission in a competition or for publication, you give permission for your work to be published or reproduced in any matter and over any platform or location.
You grant the Charette the permission to share submitted work with third parties, including but not limited to: potential employers, other blogs, websites and social media platforms.
DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
the Charette – the site, its content, related media and any competitions are delivered on an “as-is” and “as-available” basis. In no event shall the Charette be liable for special, direct, indirect, and consequential or incidental damages whatsoever, whether in action, negligence or other tort arising out of or in connection with the users of the service or the content made available on the website.
the Charette cannot ensure that any files or other data you download from the site will be free of viruses or contamination or destructive features and will not be liable for any damages arising out of the same.
the Charette disclaims all warranties, express or implied, in relation to the site, competition or content of the site including any warranties of accuracy, non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
the Charette disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. If you do not agree to be bound by the agreement, you may not access or use the services in any form.
the Charette holds rights to changes, addition, removal of modification of the content related to the competition or any other service at any time without prior notice.
the Charette does not undertake any liability and has no means to ensure that the works submitted by any participant/s originally belongs to him/her or has any legal right to submit the same.
The participants agrees to release, indemnify, defend any party from any liability, any claim for damages, and/or law suit for or by reason of the mentioned submission as a result of any submission, revision, alteration or similar thereof.
The participants also acknowledges and agrees and therefore covenants not to sue or make any claim against any party related to an participant’s submission or any individual participation or involvement in the Competition in any way whatsoever, or any use thereof, and therefore:
- Under no circumstances shall or can the Participant be entitled to any award for any loss or any damages, which include attorneys’ fees.
- Any dispute, claim and legal action arising from or connected with this Competition, or any prizes awarded or potentially awarded therein, shall be resolved without resort to any form of legal action or class action.
- Should a participant choose to bring a claim against the Charette or its affiliates or agents the participant shall pay the the Charette or any party’s reasonable attorneys’ fees and its legal costs arising from the claim should it fail.
- Nothing herein will constitute a waiver of the participants’ legal rights or any rights any party may have to take against the participant.
- the Charette shall not be liable for any law suit or claim against any of its judges or selector panel emanating from their professional conduct or otherwise.
- Unless clearly stated, all Competitions are design concept only and do not imply in a way, an intention for the proposals to be constructed or built.
You accept to completely indemnify the Charette and its members and officers from and against all legal claims including but not limited to liabilities, damages, losses, or any costs and expenses and any legal fees that arise out of the use of this website or from participation in a competition.
the Charette reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY DISCLOSURE
All the users of the website and the content related to the website owned by the Charette should not replicate, rework, repeat, regenerate, circulate or use any of the content available on the website and other media pages. The Logo, content and other visual media is created by the Charette and is protected with the Copyright Laws.
All registered trademarks, symbols or words are owned, protected and property of the respective trademarks of their owners.
the Charette will hold and use your personal data strictly in accordance with Indian data protection legislation.
By registration with the Charette all the users agree that the ownership of the copyright of the submission, content or the work produced for the competition and other events, publication or any other activity lies under the authorized ownership of its owners and would adhere to the law before submitting the same.
The Charette would not be liable for any damages arising out of an unlawful submission and the participant who makes an unlawful submission including but not limited to plagiarized content will be liable to indemnify the Charette in the event of any legal costs arising out of such event.
The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Indian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Chandigarh (UT), India.
the Charette is committed to protecting the privacy of all its users. All information collected on our site is only used to process and administer your competition submission (In accordance to the competitions terms & conditions) and to provide the users a more personalized experience on the site.
All information that the Charette collects, whether through registration, submissions, online data files, web cookies or through other means not used in a way to disturb user privacy. Personal and team information is used for competition administration purposes. All data submitted by users on the Charette is therefore available to be; published, edited, and used in any way the Charette sees fit.
Personal/Team information collected upon registration will include the user’s name, email address, school/firm, CV/resume, portfolio of works, telephone number and postal address (where necessary). Personal/Team information may be used to inform users of future competitions and activities.
the Charette is dedicated to user safety and security on our site. All payments are accepted through a secure site. However, the Charette does not undertake to cover any liability arising out the use of the secured payment gateway.
Any user or team that wishes to unsubscribe from emails or future information can do so at any time. Users may unsubscribe from specific emails by clicking on the unsubscribe button in the footer of the email. Unregistering from a competition will exclude publication of team submissions and details, no refunds will be made.
PROMOTIONS AND COMPETITIONS
the Charette reserves the right to alter the content, associated dates, awards and publication of any promotion or competition at any time. Further, the Charette reserves the right to cancel, discontinue or terminate any competition or promotion.
MODES OF PAYMENT
We accept the following credit/debit card methods of payment for your submission:
- Master Card
- American Express
However, the mode of payments may be added or deleted in the future without prior notice.
REGISTRATION FEE AND NO RETURN/REFUND POLICY
There is a registration fee for Competitions on the website and all costs and disbursements incurred by participants in preparing a submission or entry are the sole responsibility of the participant. All registration or submission fees are non-refundable and non-transferable once an entry is made.
ORGANISATION AND ADMINISTRATION
Architecture and Design Competitions on thecharette.org are organised and administered by the Charette.
the Charette reserves its right to assign any judges, agents or other authorized administrator to administer its competitions, including making any decision or exercising such at its discretion.
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- the Charette functions as a platform for design competitions. These competitions, unless otherwise stated are open idea competitions and in no way intend to be realized. Stated concepts have no intention to degrade current conditions or areas. Competitions held by the Charette function from an ideas standpoint and do not directly relate to any organization, neighborhood, city or individual stated on the website, brief, or any other data associated with the Charette. Competitions are not meant to undermine or in any way influence the idealistically used property or the organization, individual, or related party that owns said property.
- the Charette does not intend to replace, better, or have any realistic influence on organization, companies, or any party that is related to the materialization of our competitions.
- the Charette holds the right to change or adapt the rules and regulations of any promotion or competition at any time. It is the responsibility of the participants to check for regular updates, notification and changes to competition rules, regulations and terms. Participants in any competition agree to the terms and conditions of this site and each competition when they register. Registration is limited to the stated number of individuals for each competition, any team that submits work coming from more than the stated maximum is subject to disqualification at any time, including withholding rewards and withholding publication.
- Registrants may not alter, modify or remove team credentials after team registration has been completed. Violation of team submission is subject to disqualification at any time, including withholding rewards and withholding publication. Any team or individual that violates the rules or terms and conditions during or after a competition may have their rewards, publication or any other competition outcome revoked at any time.
- Any team that does not follow the submission guidelines for each competition may be subject to disqualification.
- the Charette does not accept any changes made to any proposal once submitted by the participant and if made would not be accounted to be valid. The users and the participants are requested to submit their works or proposals only once they have finalized their submission. By submitting the proposal to the Charette the participants agree to submitting original content and is not copied, inspired or derived from any other individual or author. In case such discrepancy is brought to notice the participant would be disqualified without any intimation and would be held liable to any compensation to be made to the original author.
- By placing personal names or any means to identify who a team is on a submission, other than the given identification number, a team may be subject to disqualification.
- Winning teams must provide a valid method to accept monetary rewards within two weeks of the award being presented. Failure to receive monetary awards in timely manner may result in the award being revoked.
- Competition participants will receive their individual or team confirmation number after completing registration. This number is used for identification purposes throughout the jury voting process. Any submission that does not include this confirmation number as stated or incorrectly may be subject to disqualification.
- the Charette holds the right to change competition dates as it sees fit at any time as well as revoke any promotion or competition without further notice.
- the Charette holds the right to adjust deadlines throughout the duration of a competition, as well as the right to disqualify late submissions. In the event of a temporary deadline extension, the Charette holds the right to accept or accept and penalize late submissions by a level determined by the organizers.
- Each competition jury is carefully chosen by the Charette to best represent a valid and fair opinion for each project. Competition jury may change during the competition and stated jury members are not guaranteed to participate as final judges. Competition entries will never be judged with participant information as an influence, submissions are judged solely on submitted work. Jury decisions are final and may not be argued by participants. No requests to conduct a revision of the results would be entertained under any circumstance.
- Failure to provide the requested work affiliated with each competition may result in disqualification. For any questions regarding what is required, contact the Charette for clarification.
- If files submitted for a competition are not correct or do not adhere to the submission guidelines as determined by the Charette team, the Charette is not responsible for getting the files to the jury and the entries may be disqualified from the competition.
- Once registration is completed no refunds prior to or after the competition’s deadline will be granted. All registration payments are final.
- Competition awards of any manner are subject to change throughout the competition. Additional awards may be added; awards may be subtracted or altered at any time. It is the participant’s responsibility to regularly check the website and be aware of any changes.
- the Charette reserves the right to publish submitted work on the Charette website and any other platform that seems fit. the Charette aims to publish competition work on as many platforms as possible, individuals and teams agree to these publications upon submission.
- the Charette reserves the right to dictate method of payment, whether physical, electronic or to be accepted by a specific platform(Such as Paypal, Stripe, WooCommerce, PayUMoney etc.).
- the Charette is in no way liable for the designs submitted by participants and teams. It is the responsibility of the participants to create original work.
- Winners and finalists of a competition on the Charette agree that they will participate in any interviews or publicity matter upon reasonable request.
- the Charette is not responsible for any in-person site analysis and research. the Charette does not own the sites on which the competitions are held and therefore participants must abide to any local private property details and relevant law.
- Members and/or representatives of the Charette or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition. They are however, encouraged to submit ideas for a special mention but cannot win or be part of the formal competition.
- Closing date for entry will be on the time and date set on the competition announcement. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted. the Charette will not accept any responsibility for entries not received within the permitted time, for whatever reason.
- the Charette reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice, at any time they see fit. Any changes to the competition will be notified to participants as soon as possible by the organizer.
- the Charette is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any participant by any third party connected with this competition.
- Winners will be chosen by an independent panel of judges appointed by the Charette.
- the Charette’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, the participant is indicating his/her agreement to receive future newsletters and possible offers from the the Charette.
the Charette reserves the rights to discontinue any of its promotions at any time.
By entering competitions, any and all entrants, participants, and submissions agree in full to these Terms and Conditions and as referred in this document.
the Charette competitions are open to anyone aged 18 and over. Younger participants or group of students under 18 years of age must be lead by someone aged 18 or their tutor 18 or over.
Participants may either make a submission individually or as a team (4 people max.).
Competition participants are prohibited from sale, lease, assignment or transfer of any of their submission rights to a third party.
The participants as students would be required to produce a proof of identification as a student whenever requested or asked by the the Charette. Any team who wish to use the name of their firm or company for publication and any other activity involved with the Charette would have to produce certification relating their team members to the firm or the company along with the certification of the company registered with their respective countries.
All Submissions must strictly conform to any Terms and Conditions and the Rules and Guidelines set by the Competition Brief.
Once the final submissions are sent, no additional edits, or change can be made. Upon sending the final submission each participant will receive a confirmation email notification within five business days.
By entering the competition, the participant acknowledges and accepts that all aspects of any submission – narrative, description, details, images, illustration and animation may be used for publicity purposes by the Charette.
the Charette will only use where necessary, or disclose to third parties for the purposes of running the Competition, any personal information submitted by the participants.
OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT
The ownership of copyright in the work of all submissions will be in accordance with the Intellectual Property Laws in India, which implies the copyright rests with the author and the author agrees to provide the exclusive rights of reproduction of the submission to the Charette over any forms of media which the Charette deems fit.
No participants shall receive or be entitled to receive any payment in any form for submissions or for granting the Charette any right herein, other than for being selected as one of the winning the competition entries.
Subject to any limitation herein, any design, drawings accompanying any entry or submission remains the property of the participant and may be used for its or their own purpose. the Charette shall treat an entry or submission as being eligible to enter the Competition under Indian Copyright law.
By entering the the Charette competition participants agree on the sharing their entry for making the publication based on the competition results.
Participants are solely responsible for protecting the intellectual property of any submission to the Charette competitions.
By submitting an entry to the Competition, you the “Participant” provide the Charette with a limited, exclusive, sub-licensable, worldwide, royalty-free license (but not the obligation), which license is effective in perpetuity, to use, copy, modify, translate and/or adapt, distribute, publicly display by any means and in any media and create derivative works of, and copy, distribute and publicly display such derivative works of your entry solely in connection with the inclusion of your entry in activities related to, and the promotion of, the competition and the particular project, without any further notice or remuneration to you. The rights shall be applied to all existing or future media, and in particular all physical, optical, magnetic, analogical, digital and electronic media, including media such as hardcopies, CDROMs, DVDROMs, hard disks, computers and servers, the Internet, all private or public telecommunication networks, by cable, satellite, radio networks, etc.
By submitting your entry to the Competition you also give the Charette an exclusive, worldwide, royalty free, irrevocable license in perpetuity to display and archive your entry on the the Charette’s website, www.thecharette.org (“Website”), on the Charette’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or other social networking / media pages in relation to the Competition or project. Any credits will be with the name you supply to the Competition.
the Charette shall make commercially reasonable efforts to display appropriate and customary credit lines on any Submission displayed or otherwise featured in such media, however shall have no affirmative duty to do so.
Any user or participant of the website or its related content or other media in the case of any abuse would be subjected to strict legal actions by the Charette.
Submissions which do not meet or comply with the submission guidelines or found to contain identifying sign or mark that may, in any way, contribute to identifying participant shall be disqualified and the Charette shall be under no obligation to notify the Participant /s of the disqualified entry or submission. All Submissions after the closing date for a particular competition will be automatically disqualified.
the Charette reserves the right to cancel or suspend or alter the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
Any Compensation will be handled by the Charette.
TERMS FOR JURY
The members of the jury panel are eminent industry professionals selected by the Charette to evaluate the competition entries. The Members of the panel belong to diverse backgrounds and represent different design perspectives and skillsets. All the competition participants are prohibited to make any form of contact with any juror during the course of the competition. In any circumstance found to disturb the privacy or integrity of the jury Panel the Charette reserves the right to disqualify the participants from the competition or event and prohibiting them to participate in any future activities undertaken by the Charette. All the jury members are committed to the cause of the competition however this does not guarantee their participation in the final event of the jury. All the judgments made by the members of the jury panel cannot undergo any form of questioning and under any circumstance. The participants are recommended to submit their work in appropriate formats requested by the Charette in case the works or submissions are not in accordance or do not adhere the rules specified or does not open under any circumstance the Charette reserves rights to disqualify the submissions without any clarification.
WINNER SELECTION/JUDGE’S DECISION
the Charette’s determination of any winning entry or submission through its panel of judges is final.
In the event that a selected winning entry cannot accept, receive or is ineligible for the prize for any reason, the prize shall be awarded to the next highest rated entry from the top shortlisted or remaining entries that meet the winning requirement.
the Charette’s association with the competition judges do not imply any legal association, affiliation, contract or partnership in any way shape or form.
the Charette undertakes to scrupulously protect the integrity of its competitions by:
A Unique Participant Registration Number by which each submission received will be administered organized, processed and evaluated. This means that the digital submission received will be stored under their registration numbers, with the complementary information kept in a separate file.
Enforcing the rule that besides the registration number, all illustrations or images accompanying any submission shall be devoid of any marks, logos, symbols or sign that may identify its authority or source.
Any infringement of these rules will lead to immediate disqualification.
The jury or judging panel will only be made known of the participants’ identities only after winners have been selected.
Prizes awarded will be as advertised for each competition; however the Charette reserves the right to add, reduce or alter prizes.
Documentary evidence of the architect’s or team leader’s right to practice the profession their respective country or country of residence may be required before any awards payment is made to a recipient.
Photographic identity document such as passport will need to be provided to the Charette before any award payment will be made.
In the case of a studio or company, then the formal company registration documents will need to be supplied together with photographic identification of director or team leader.
All Bank account details into which any prize money is to be paid must match that of the registered individual or team leader.
If the winner chooses not to accept the prize, an alternate winner will be chosen.
All federal, state, and local taxes on the value of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Failure to return of any prize notification requested detail within the deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize. Any winner or potential who cannot be contacted within two weeks of attempted first notification may result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
the Charette reserves the right to publish such material in whole or in part, or use them in any way it sees fit in connection with this website or its competition without permission of the participant or payment for such use, subject to the Data Protection law of India.
PUBLICITY AND PROMOTION
Winners agree to and shall upon request at reasonable notice, participate in:
Publicity or promotional activity surrounding the Competition such as interviews, personally or otherwise.
Any imposed government regulations or economic sanctions by India that prohibit monetary transfer to a Winner’s country of residence shall result in the prize money shall not be awarded to the participant and at the Charette’s discretion may award it to the next highest ranked entry, however will mention the original winning entry in its list of winners.